Try this delicious breakfast muffins recipe for a veggie packed breakfast. These muffins are vegetarian (unless you choose to add cooked bacon or prawns), low carb, full of vitamins and make a great start to the day.
- 1 bell pepper (your favourite colour)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 little cherry tomatoes/one normal tomato
- 6 Eggs
- A good pinch of salt (about ¼ to ½ tsp)
Optional – these all go great with this recipe..
Add whatever you fancy!
- 2 slices cheese; around 50g (eg. cheddar)
- Handful spinach/green leaves
- 2-3 splashes of hot sauce or curry powder
You will also need a 12 hole muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Wash and dice the pepper, onions and tomatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix well.
- Optionally add some hot sauce, curry powder…whatever you like. Hot sauce is great!
- Grease the muffin tin with oil and kitchen paper/baking brush and pour the egg mixture evenly into
the muffin slots.
- If you’re so inclined then layering some cheese over the top of each muffin before they go into the oven is a delicious addition! You can also mix in the cheese to the batter.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
Pop out the breakfast muffins and eat them hot or cold – delicious!
If you would like to recieve regular healthy eating and fitness tips from me, please sign up to my newsletter and you will also revieved my Protein Packed breakfast guide
Rachel Law is a personal fitness trainer based in New Malden, Surrey. Qualifications: ActivIQ Level 3 Personal Training; Burrell Education Pregnancy Exercise Prescription; Burrell Education Advanced Pregnancy Wellness Practitioner; Burrell Education Advanced Post Natal Exercise Prescription; Burrell Education 3rd Age Women Optimal Health and Nutrition; Burrell Education Peri Natal Athlete; Burrell Education Pelvic Flow and Freedom; Olympic Weight Lifting; Premier Global Kettlebells; FIE Level Assessment and Mentoring